by Gerard Condal | 30/12/2017 | Personal
After a career in branding and business, complemented by some works as a teacher in university (know more about me here or visit my LinkedIn profile), I am now focused on the training of divers working as a Open Water Scuba Instructor. Let’s see where this approach will bring me: I’m excited to see what happens when I combine my interests in Education, Business and Diving.
“To work as a diving instructor, help with my branding and business knowledge and learn from the diving industry while I create my digital space”
– My current mission
Universo.Blue might be the first step into a new future. It’s a personal website, a personal project, in which I try to describe my approach to diving and offer my services as diving instructor and guide.
Universo represents my world and the things I like. It’s a latin particle written in Spanish that shows my Mediterranean background, which is something differential in the world of diving and an attribute of my character and approach.
Blue represents both the sky and the sea, and is associated with open spaces, freedom, intuition, imagination, expansiveness, inspiration, and sensitivity. Blue also represents meanings of depth, trust, loyalty, sincerity, wisdom, confidence, stability, faith, heaven, and intelligence.
Welcome to my universe, welcome to Universo.Blue
by Gerard Condal | 29/12/2017 | Facts
PADI uses the slogan of “Diving is fun”. I totally agree with that concept… Check the faces of people coming out of the water after a good dive and I’m sure you’ll buy the concept too 🙂
But, there are many other benefits that might occur around diving. Here some examples!! Have you experienced some of them?
- Enjoy the great sensation of being in touch with water. Our bodies are 50-70% water… imagine how we feel in this surrounding!
- Improve your physical and mental state by combining exercice and entertainment.
- Boost your coordination and spacial orientation by controlling your balance underwater.
- Burn your body fat with an activity that involves many body muscles.
- Speed up your methabolism while your body releases the nitrogen you breath underwater.
- Improve your blood circulation, increase your lung capacity and release toxines by breathing deeply and slowly. This will have implications in your breathing on the surface too!
- Forget about the stress and the speed of the daily life. Enjoy the silence and flow with the ungravity.
- Become a better social player by sharing activities, knowledge with others and caring about your fellows. Build stronger relationships with people!
- Increase your self-confidence by achieving new challenges and succeeding in new situations.
- Improve a language while you share a dive using a language which is not the one you speak usually.
by Gerard Condal | 25/12/2017 | Random
May the flame of inner happiness never turn off! Enjoy these days!
by Gerard Condal | 22/12/2017 | Hot Spots
I was lucky to be part of a diving trip at the Red Sea organized by Buceo Hispania Barcelona on board of M/Y Blue Melody, one of the vessels of the Blue o Two fleet based in Hurgada. It was my first time diving in the Red Sea and I was really surprised by the great visibility of it’s waters!
We did a route called “Simply the best“, and, although we did not have Tina Turner singing all day, I can say that “my heart was on fire” too during the whole trip. Great dive sites, amazing colleagues and a luxury boat where you can relax and enjoy the time between demanding dives.
We were lucky to visit these dive sites:
- Gota Abu Ramada (3 dives)
- Big Brother (2 dives)
- Little Brother (1 dive)
- Daedalus Reef (3 dives)
- Elphinstone (2 dives)
- Marsa Shona (1 dives)
- Little Brother (3 dives)
Check this out if you want to see a summary of the trip! And if you want to come next time, feel free to contact me!
And a big thank you to Javi, Jose García, Jose Mesas, Maite, Nacho, Niko, Oscar and Vicente for their company and some of their footage I used to make this trailer. And to Jose Aguarod for his guidance!
by Gerard Condal | 8/12/2017 | Environment
Underwater cleaning day around Buceo Hispania Barcelona, organized by the NGO Sin Pasaje de Vuelta. 17 volunteers helped to clean the area next to the Centre Municipal de Vela.